Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Life Is A Gas!

As I sit here, drinking my third cup of coffee, (having just dealt with some BS in Lake Ontario), I can't help but think. Since, you know, I've got 12 hours of watch to burn through. Having just completed Delivering Happiness, I realize that every time I read that book, it inspires me to start a business. I've had a couple of ideas floating around in my head for some time now, the longest one I can remember is from my Junior Year of High School. I came up with a proposal for a Music Shop. More specifically, a drum and percussion shop. Now, I still remember some of it and I still think it's a highly feasible business plan. Of course, I'll have to go through and redo said business plan, but I think I could make it work. The biggest problem is money. And time. And my current occupation. Other than that... So, if there is anyone out there with some Venture Capitol they would be willing to part with, let me know. I've got some ideas. We can make this work!
 
On to more serious matters... Star Wars. I've been addicted to Star Wars: The Old Republic for a while now. I started playing at launch which was around Christmas back in 2011. And I've been playing off an on for a bit, but I found it hard to stay motivated when my friends (and guild mates) weren't on (and then later stopped playing all together). So, my relationship with the game was play for 3 - 4 months and then stop for 3 - 4 month.  There is nothing quite like the love-hate cycle with a game. While I've bounced from guild to guild on the Republic side, I've never felt that same connection as I did with my friends. To be able to talk to each other on TeamSpeak while running flashpoints and quests, to feel part of a team and be connected in this common experience was truly amazing. Only recently have I been able to find that connection again. I managed to find a Role Playing guild on the Imperial side. And it has been a blast! So much so, that I have been given the role of recruitment lead. So, if you're ever playing on the Eban Hawk Server on the Imperial side, send me a message. Chances are I'll be playing as either Su'Kess or Su'Manda. Well, that's enough ramblings for this sleep depraved watch stander. Until next time!
 
Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment