Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Come Along and We'll Have Some Fun!

Well then. Here we are. Another blog. I can't promise that I will update this on a regular basis, but I think for at least the next 4 years, I should be able to stay on top of this reasonably well. So, let's start with some stuff!
I have recently moved to the Buffalo NY area. "Why would you do that?" or "What's wrong with you?" you might ask with regards to my decision. Considering I've spent the past eight years living in the South (well, the South plus Florida, because Florida has more Yankees in it than New England), Buffalo is quite the change. For starters, I'm up here continuing the good works I do for the Coast Guard (I still have a Job that Matters!). "Why is the Coast Guard in upstate New York?" you ask? Well, we work in conjunction with the Canadian Coast Guard to patrol the Great Lakes. Since the lakes shore numerous state boarders (which make them federal territory), and an international boarder (once again... federal) the US Coast Guard has jurisdiction. Now, we also work with city, county, and state officials, but we do a lot of the work. On to more stuff!
 
We found a nice little (well, little compared to the house) apartment in the quiet little village of Orchard Park. Which is only 4 minutes away from the Buffalo Bill's Stadium. Fantastic. I'm not sure I'm going to like going out on game days. But I digress.
 
Hmmm... I'm not to sure what else I've got to say right now. It's been a bit rough with everything going on, but I'm making my way through it. Hopefully, things will level out and we'll be doing better in a bit.
 
Since I've kinda run out of things to talk about, I've got a book recommendation for you before I go this morning. The book is called Delivering Happiness written by Tony Hsieh, the CEO of Zappos.com. It's an amazing read for insight on how the company was founded, how its run and how you can apply it to your own life/business. Granted, there's not too much in there that I can apply to governmental bureaucracy, but maybe for the future... who know? But you can get one pretty cheap online these days. And, there's a website to go along with it. I've signed up, but am awaiting a response.  So, with that, I bid you good night... er, I guess that 0324 would really be good morning. Until next time.
 
Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment